You may have learned on Friday that Alban Dechelotte has been promoted from his interim role as the top executive at the Berlin-based esports organization to the more permanent role of chief executive officer–if you haven’t check out my story on The Esports Advocate.
Also of note this week is the appointment of Matt O’Brien as the new chief revenue officer of 100 Thieves. He remains the senior VP of global partnerships of NBA team the Cleveland Cavaliers and replaces Matty Lee, who was laid off recently.
FaZe Holdings Chief Legal Officer and Head of Business and Legal Affairs Tamara Brandt has resigned from the company and will join CAA in February. She will continue on in an advisory role.
Finally, Former Esports Entertainment Group CEO Grant Johnson has sued the company and is seeking $3.1M in damages for breach of contract.
Anyway, onto this week’s news.
People on the Move:
Here is this week’s list of promotions, hires, and departures in the gaming/esports industry:
- Jasmine Chiang joins Electronic Arts as its new brand marketing manager in charge of Apex Legends Esports.
- Brian Fisher is no longer VP of communications & strategy at Allied Esports and is seeking new opportunities.
- Phillip Koskinas has left Riot Games to join Amazon Games as head of anti-cheat.
- Helena Zhao joins Riot Games as an associate producer on Valorant.
- Benjamin Jawer has left his role as research and insights coordinator at Cloud9.
- Martina Pugliesi exits Google to join Bayes Esports as senior people business partner.
- Eric Aaberg resigns from his role as social media manager at Complexity Gaming.
- Rupert Dorton has left Betway Group to join Ninjas in Pyjamas as a social media specialist.
- Caroline Bennett was laid off from her role as a motion graphic designer at Nerd Street/Localhost and is seeking new opportunities.
- Garrett Smith (ShadyG) joins Rise of Nations as head of content & socials.
- Moritz Baier-Lentz has left BITKRAFT Ventures to join Lightspeed Venture Partners as a partner.
- Stephen Alphen resigns from his role as art director at Spacestation Gaming.
- John Ratcliff retires after a long and storied career in the video game industry.
- Benedict Corroon has left Wildlife Studios to join Resolving Games as its new senior community manager.
- Emily Tierney has left Supercell to join Google as its new marketing technology lead.
- Chris Cromwell exits Amazon Games to join Epic Games as a senior QA manager on Unreal Engine.
- Victor Folmann joins Dreamcraft Ventures as a venture partner–he is the VP of finance and operations at Metafy.
- Janet He joins Riot Games full-time as an associate visual designer on Valorant.
- Stacey Hirata is promoted to president & CEO of Striking Distance Studios.
- Steven Taarland joins Media Molecule as a senior producer.
- Brett Ferguson is no longer with OTK Media.
- John Sardelis has left Warner Bros. Discovery to join Barometer as VP, chief revenue officer.
- Kyle Korver has been promoted to assistant general manager at the Atlanta Hawks.
- Steve Weitman is promoted to president of Wynn Las Vegas.
- Melissa Colgate leaves World Surf League to join US Ski and Snowboard as SVP of business development.
- Justin Wilkes gets promoted to the role of president at Imagine Entertainment and Television.
- Salim Tütüncü is promoted to director of business development at Monster Notebook.
- Shannon Cardeno has been promoted to senior manager, event booking and development at SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park.
- Andrew Banzas joins GAMURS Group as VP of product in Sydney.
- Lloyd Coombes leaves Dexerto to join GGRecon as its new editor-in-chief.
This article originally appeared in the People on the Move newsletter.