Los Angeles-based esports organization Sentinels announced that it will host a three-day, invite-only Valorant competition open to the general public. The exhibition competition, “The Sentinels Invitational,” is part of the VCT OFF//SEASON, and will feature four teams from the Americas region competing for a chunk of a total prize pool of $20K USD. Those teams include G2 Esports, Moist x Shopify, Oxygen Esports, and (of course) Sentinels.
Custom gaming PC maker Starforge Systems will serve as the presenting sponsor of the event.
The schedule for the tournament:
- Sentinels vs. Moist x Shopify – 2PM PT
- G2 Esports vs. Oxygen Esports – 5PM PT
- Sentinels vs. G2 Esports – 8PM PT
- Sentinels vs. Oxygen Esports – 2PM PT
- Moist x Shopify vs. G2 Esports – 5PM PT
- Moist x Shopify vs. Oxygen Esports – 8PM PT
- Third seed vs. second seed – 12PM PT
- Winner vs. first seed – 3PM PT
The competition is being held at the Sentinels offices in Los Angeles, and open to the public, with tickets to attend in person available for purchase through its Sentinels Society portal. Those tickets are priced at $25 each and will include “free food and beverages.”
Sentinels last made headlines during the summer when it announced plans to engage in some equity crowdfunding through StartEngine. On July 12, it announced reservations for a crowdfunding investment campaign on equity crowdfunding platform StartEngine. Satisfied with the response, Sentinels announced in August a formal listing of the company on platform.